Last Revised: February 6, 2024
Who We Are
We are Smart Controls, LLC. Our website address is: https://smartcontrols.com.
What Personal Data We Collect From You
We receive and store information about you, such as:
- Information you provide to us when we carry out an action you have requested, which includes:
- Identity Data: your name, company/organization name, email address, and phone number
- Registration Data: information proided when you register for an account to use our site, including usernames and passwords
- Marketing & Communications Data: your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our published content
- Information we collect automatically, which includes:
- Usage Data: information about how you use our site, what pages you view, the links you click, the materials you download, the date/time you access the site, and any website you were linked from to our site
How We Use Your Information
We may use the personal information collected via our site or when you contact us for purposes such as:
- Improving Our Business Website, Products, and Services: We may use your personal data to perform business analyses that help us develop and improve the quality of our business, including our website, products, and services
- Marketing: In accordance with relevant laws and regulations, we may use your personal data to communicate with you about offerings, products or services which may be of interest to you, product update notifications, informational webinars, pricing and technical advisories, and related topics.
- You are able to opt-out from marketing communications sent via email at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in any of our email marketing materials you receive from us, or by contacting us directly using our provided contact information.
- Research and Analysis: We may use your personal data to conduct research and analysis to help us analyze your purchasing preferences, identify the products and services that best match your requirements, and measure the effectiveness of the marketing we serve you.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who We Share Your Data With
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.